Monday 31 August 2015

Creative Life Challenge - Day 30

DAY 30

The last day of August and also the official last day of my Creative Life Challenge. Looking back over the last month, I have learnt that creativity can come in many forms and one thing can lead to something unexpected. But most importantly, as hard as it is to get into the habbit of daily creativity, 5 minutes is all it takes, which really can make a big difference. 

There were a few speed bumps along the way, and a couple of days missed, but that is ok. Real life can get in the way of living sometimes, but only through recognition can we do something to change it. As tempting as it was to give up or put the challenge on hold till it could be sorted out, I realised that taking the 5 minutes to do something creative can actually make it easier to deal with the chaos in the long term. I guess being a little bit creative each day, in any of its forms, kind of makes you stop and smell the roses a bit, and you kind of live life instead of just existing through it. Now I look at my spin 365 challenge in a new light, and I'm keen to have another go at this year long challenge. Who said you have to start on January 1st?

I think it is important though, to step outside of the comfort zone now and again and try something new. It kind of helps to get you out of the rut and can reignite the spark in favorite activites. When I first started to spindle spin, I nearly always had a spindle permentaly in my hands. When life was thrown into total chaos these last few months, I forgot to make time to spin, and I forgot the joy of doing something I love. I know now that this joy balances out the chao in life, but I had to try patchwork to get back into spinning. 

So I shall see what September brings. Hopefully, I'll still be living a more creative life!

Thanks for joining me, I hope you had fun!

Liz :-)