Wednesday 19 August 2015

Creative Life Challenge - Day 18

DAY 18

Well after the disaster, I decided to fall back on something I know well, kind of like my go-to craft. I figured if I started there I might be able to get back into the creative grove.

Originally when I started to do arts and crafts, I worked with beads and wire. So I figured that sitting quietly in the sun with some beads, tools and pins and making stitch markers was a good place to start. I think I got a little hooked, as these sets were the results...

After that I was inspired to play with some colour on the drum carder again. So I did. It was no surprise that the first batt I made was purple! Seems to be my go-to colour. I'm quite happy with the results really, I mean, don't they just inspire you to want to spin?

So is it no surprise that I ended up doing some spinning as a follow up to the batts. I just couldn't resist the temptation of the colours and the squishiness of the fibre batts.

Do you have a go-to craft of a favorite medium that you fall back on when you feel like you need to start again from scratch? If you get stuck on being creative, maybe this is a good place to start and then see where it takes you. Who knows, you may end up doing something you never thought to do!

Enjoys!
Liz :-)

P.S. The stitch markers and the batts are now available in my shop :-) Thank you for stopping by!