Monday 3 August 2015

Creative Life Challenge - Day 2

DAY 2


So far, so good. I ended up surprising myself today by filling a bobbin! I was originally going to ply the two singles I spun the last two days, but I walked past a braid of purple and orange merino that I had dyed a while back. I have often admired it, but never done anything with it. Not wanting to pass up the creative spark, I took the opportunity and sat quietly and spun, listening to "The Lord Of The Rings, The Fellowship Of The Ring" as I twisted the fibres into singles.

There is something so soothing in the rythmic sound of a spinning wheel. Sometimes it is almost as if you are spinning your worries away as the twist locks the fibres together and is then fed onto the bobbin. What I find exciting is watching the colours change as the fibres slip through your fingers. To me, that is where the magic is in spinning.

How did you go today? Did you find a few moments to be creative? Don't be too hard on yourself if you didn't get the chance, it will come.

Until tomorrow,
Happy Creating!
Liz xx