Wednesday 19 August 2015

Creative Life Challenge - Day 17

DAY 17

Well day 17 brought chaos. It seemed that everything that I was trying to do just went wrong. First I was going to work on my Quilt at craft group, but forgot my cutter and board t cut some more strips. Thinking I was fortunate I had brought the pieces to do my Book cover, I wound the bobbin and got  ready to sew - No top thread! In total frustration I put it all away and pulled out a hand sewing project that I keep for such emergencies.

The project is a little mouse pin cushion. I had finished adding the embellishments to the body and just had the ears to finish. So, failing everything else I had tried to do, I finished the ears and then stitched the body ready to stuff when I got home.

Patchwork, to an extent, is a little out of my comfort zone. I am still learning the techniques and while I am enjoying it, maybe me forgetting half of the things I needed was telling me something. Maybe I'll try going back to something I know well for Day 18.

I hope your day was more creative than mine!
Liz :-)