Friday 24 January 2014

Total Studio Reorganise & Some More Spindles

So my intention of just cleaning up a small section of my studio space ended up being a complete studio clean and reorganise. It always amazes me that I find things that I forgot I had, I guess that means that I might have too much to keep track off, but I still think you can never have too much. It also inspires me all over again and my mind starts racing with ideas.

I manged to fit in a bit of spindle spinning on the cuppa breaks so here are a few more spindles. Seems like I'm doing some serious spindle spinning at the moment. I guess in a way the spindle spinning is like a meditation, and it gives me a chance to think through designs too.
I have been doing a bit on my Katherine Kowalski Russian Support Spindle. It is very different to spinning on the drop spindle, but I think, with a little more perseverance, I am getting the hang of it.
And I have also done a bit of spinning on my large Jason Riley Turkish Spindle, this time using a washed raw fleece that I have been combing out in preparation.

Keep you posted, happy crafting! :)