Monday 20 January 2014

Feeding Firefighters & Spindle Spinning

Sorry for the sudden disappearance. It has been a little hot here, over 40'c Wednesday, Thursday and Friday last week, and as such we have had a few bushfires here in east Victoria. So I have been helping to make salad rolls for the CFA and making cups of coffee and tea. But despite the chaos, during the times we were playing the waiting game I sat and spun to help pass the time.

So I have some more spindles to show you :)
The first, a Hearthwise Dragonfly Spindle, is my second heaviest spindle, weighing 80gms and is made from walnut, purple heart, maple and redwood.

The second is a Tom Forrester Spindle, 47gms, and is made from african mahogany & maple.

My third for this post is one of my favorite Kevin Rhodes Spindles, made from laburnum and meranti and weights 29gms.

I still have plenty of new ones in the box so I will  have more to share with you shortly. Happy Spinning! :)