Monday 27 January 2014

The Last Of The Spindles

So I woke really early over the weekend and couldn't get back to sleep. So I looked at the last few empty spindles I had and decided it was time to fill them. About 4 hours later they all had a bit of spinning on them, so here is the last of my current spindle collection.

This is a Kevin Rhodes spindle made from oak with a sepele shaft, it weighs 32gms.

 
A Subterranean Woodworks Turkish Spindle made from curly maple with a zebrawood shaft, it weighs 26gms.
 
Another Kevin Rhodes spindle made from burr oak with meranti shaft, it weighs 24gms.

These two are both Ken Ledbetter mini modular spindles. This one is made from maple burl and cocobolo, it weighs 21gms.
And this one is made from walnut and bocote, it weighs 15gms. the three shafts that came with each of them are made from various woods.

Another Subterranean Wookworks Turkish Spindle, also made from curly maple with a zebrawood shaft, it weighs 17gms.

And the last is another Kevin Rhodes that I had in my spindle box from before. It has a spotted gum whorl and weighs 38gms.

So, now that I have spun a little bit of yarn on each of them, and my spinning goal achieved, I can turn to my next project. Happy Spinning! :)