Wednesday 15 January 2014

Spindle Spinning - A Good Start To The Day

So as most of you will know, it is damn hot in Southern Australia at the moment. Despite that, after a restless night sleep spent surfing the internet for ideas, I have done a bit of spindle spinning, knitting and I am about to warp my small loom.

Before it got too hot I managed to rinse out some solar dyeing jars and laid the wet tops out on drying racks in the sun to dry. I will do a post on Solar Dyeing once the tops have dried, which in this heat, probably tomorrow!

So to pass the many hours this morning in not being able to sleep, I pulled out one of my new spindles and started to spin on it. It is a Jason Riley Turkish Spindle made of Sapwood and Hickory and is 22gms. I am currently spinning CamelBunny-Silk on it and loving it!
I showed a photo a while back of my Jenkins Turkish Delight Spindle with some of my hand dyed tops in tones of orange, gold and hot pink. Well I have finished it, plyed it and wrapped into a skein. I am now spinning some hand-dyed Merino Optim on it and I must say that I am loving the results, even if it is fine!
Well I'm off to warp my loom up so I shall keep you posted. Happy Crafting! :)