Sunday 24 November 2013

Never Ending Granny Square

I have often looked at the traditional crochet granny square and thought that one day I would like to make a blanket using the simple pattern. The one drawback from it it though, was I didn't love the idea of continually joining each new colour.

While I was surfing the net, looking for some inspiration for another project (because we all know I need to start yet another project lol), I came across the never ending granny square on Youtube. So like you do when you want try something, I grab my bag of scrap yarns and a hook and followed along.
I was quite happy with the result and I must admit that while I thought that the colours were funny together in the beginning, I was on the hunt for some more balls of the same colour when I ran out of the pink. But I had no luck so now I'm not quite sure how to finish it off as it isn't quite big enough for a blanket, even a small one.

But in my hunt I did find a few balls of blue, pink and white in a nice singles so I am making another one :) I would to see your favorite rug pattern, as I am on the hunt for something different.

Happy Crafting! :)