Friday 8 November 2013

Crazy Two Weeks

It has been a really crazy two weeks with my fingers occupied with the busy task of preparing entries for the Bairnsdale Show. I didn't get a chance to take some photo's before they were sent to the show grounds yesterday for judging, but I should get a chance next week to take some photo's.

With the crazy frenzy of show over, I of course did a little op-shopping, on a hunt for some new things to inspire my next project. I was rewarded and didn't have to search far. The first little project I found was a latch hook kit for a 12"x12" square with a butterfly on it with only the boarder completed. It surprises me how many latch hook projects I find at the op-shop half finished, probably due to the fact that it does take quite some time to knot each short piece of wool onto the mesh cloth. 
So I eagerly bought it to take home to have a play. I then managed to surprise myself by doing some when I got home and then finishing it this morning. Amazing that I started a project and finished it the next day!
So on such a roll, and now wondering what crafty project I was going to do for the rest of the afternoon, I found a bag full of crochet squares in amongst my stash. I will point out that, like the latch hook project, I often find little snap lock bags with half a dozen crochet squares in it at the op-shop. I often think people crochet a few squares with intentions of making a rug and then realise how much work is involved in creating all the little squares for the rug. I had intended to collect squares to make into a rug, adding a few of my own to the mix. But a project from craft group floated into my mind and I suddenly found a new use for the squares. With a wool needle and some odd pieces of yarn I started to sew.
I must say that I quite like the cube-like soft toys that were the result of the afternoon's sewing and stuffing. I have a fare few squares left in my bag so I might make some more tomorrow when I go to craft.
The other thing I have been doing now that the weather is warmer is dyeing some more merino wool tops. I think I have done about 1.5kg in the last two weeks in the warmer weather. But despite the cooler days in there it is now all dry. Now I just have to come up with some good projects for it once I have spun it up :)

I hope you have a good weekend crafting where you are, I know I will as always :) I will also have to show you what I have been doing in a workshop I did last week, but considering the time, it will have to wait till tomorrow :)