Saturday 16 November 2013

Double Knitting

I have often in the past looked at knitted items that were reversible and thought to myself that they were too hard to knit. After surfing the net for some inspiration, I came across a reversible knitted scarf and decided that it was time to have a go at this double knitting technique. 

After a few attempts at casting on some thick yarn onto my 9mm needles, I started the process of picking up stitches to introduce my second colour and them began the sequence of knit, purl, knit, purl. I then went searching for a simple pattern to try and found a flower one.
I must say that I like the results and discovered that once you got the hang of it, it was quite straight forward. I am now on the hunt for another pattern to have another go.

Happy Knitting! :)