Friday 2 August 2013

August Project - "Finishing Off" Month

So after spending most of yesterday trying to figure out if I was going to extend my July monthly project into August, I came up with a much better idea. My traveling shawl from last month's project isn't the only project I still have to finish, I still have my socks! ... and many, many more ...

Ok, so just about every crafter I know has this "cupboard" full of UFO's or Un-Finished Objects. I have a feeling, particularly with the massive amounts of designing that has been going on this last month, my "cupboard" of UFO's has grown to the point of ridiculous, overflowing onto the floor and is fast filling up every available space in the studio! 

I mean, seriously, how many different projects does one person need to have on the go? Well, personally I would say that you can never have too many projects on the go, but I think my friends and family very much think otherwise. So I have decided that instead of having a monthly project for August, I would make my August project my "Finishing Off" month.

So to start of the month I am going to finish my socks! I have a couple of inches of stockinet stitch and then a couple of inches of double ribbing and then they are done! So that is my task for today, one project to focus on to finish and not touch anything else until I have finished it.

This isn't going to be easy for me. I think this month will be very much a challenge as I have a tendency, as demonstrated on this blog, of jumping from one project and craft to another. So it will be very much a month of discipline in learning to do one project at a time until it is finished. I guess only looking back at the end of the month will show how successful I have been, so wish me luck and we will see how I go. So until then, Happy Crafting! :)