Monday 22 July 2013

Not Quite, But Getting There

Well I didn't quite get to my crochet challenge yesterday. I will admit that when I woke up I did have all intentions of tackling the crochet challenge I had been given, but it was windy. Now I know you are thinking that a windy day is a good excuse to stay inside and craft, but windy days are also good for wind-sports with a promise of a day of fun.

So I was taken on a mystery drive with my new BloKart and learned for the first time how to use it. What can I say, I love it and I really can't wait for the next windy day to have some more fun. If you have never heard about them, check them out, they really are good fun.

Today I have been thinking about how I am going to undertake this new challenge. There are so many people who have commented on my scrap rug and the pattern that used, that someone has challenged me to make a beanie and scarf with the same look. While the concept is simple enough, the original pattern is done in a rounds, not rows, so I am in the middle of re-vamping the pattern.

In the mean time, what else would I be doing but knitting. My project for the month, The Traveling Shawl, is slowly growing. With the month 2/3's gone, I will admit that the shawl isn't quite 2/3's done, but it is getting there. I haven't got the camera with me today so I can't post a photo of it today, but I will have another photo for you by the end of the week. After all, August isn't that far away!

Happy crafting! :)