Friday 26 July 2013

More bits & pieces plus Goodies!

So I am back in the studio, a bit earlier than yesterday, and It is only after reviewing yesterday's post that I realised the photo's didn't load. So take two.



 

Here is the crochet sampler, my slowly growing shawl and the stitched together squares for my wagga-patchwork quilt.

Today I have added some more rounds on my shawl while I waited for the postie this morning and having the all important first cuppa of the day. I also stitched together a large piece of cloth for my wagga-patchwork backing and found an old blanket that had seen better days for my middle "stuffing". I must admit it's quite big as I went through a whole packet of patchwork pins, and that is with only one pin per square!

Then the most exciting part of the day, my friend who went to the Bendigo Sheep & Wool Show bought me in my goodies. :) I have a few different fibers and bags of fluff to play with and three new spindles to play with, a Russian Supported Spindle, Turkish Spindle and another nice "normal" top whorl spindle. :) As promised, here is the photo.

Well I think I might go and play with the new spindles and see if I can spin on the Russian one. Until then, happy crafting! :)