Saturday 4 April 2015

A Lace Weekend...

In my excitement yesterday in finaly being able to write a post, I totally forgot to tell you about the amazing Lace Weekend that the Sale Lacemakers held on the 21st & 22nd of March.

The Sale Lacemakers hold this amazing Lace Weekend every year towards the end of March, and it a weekend not to be missed if you are interested in Bobbin Lace, Tatting or Lacemaking in general. If you are interested about the one next year, email the Sale Lacemakers at salelacemakers@gmail.com to go on the interested emailing list. Trust me, it is well worth going.

It was a truly inspiring weekend, and I spent most of it working on my first lace piece (that isn't a bookmark), a tape lace butterfly in some beautiful multicoloured pearl 8 thread. While I did spend most of the Saturday morning wondering, admiering and chatting to the other Lacemakers, I did managed to get most of the first wing done.

There were also supplies there, (which was very dangerous!), and I managed to pick up a few new bobbins for myself, as well as two new contemporary Lacemaking books and some rather yummy threads and a tatting shuttle. With so many beautiful coloured threads now available to Lacemakers, it was interesting to see that many of the other Lacemakers were still using the traditional white, cream and boney coloured fine threads. There were only a couple though, like myself, who were using these beautiful coloured threads.

The Sale Lacemakers meet Meet at the Gwen Webb Arts Activity Center, 116 Market St. Sale on the 1st, 3rd,(&5th) Mondays of each month, Feb-Nov, 10:00 am – 3:00pm. Visitors and new lacemakers are always Welcome. For directions and more information, please email the group at salelacemakers@gmail.com :)

Happy Lacemaking!
Liz :)

Days Spinning: 93/365     Days Missed: 0/365          Skeins Spun:6
Days Writing: 93/365       Days Missed: 0/365
Projects Completed: 13
  • Chunky Crochet Bags x4
  • Squares x3
  • Face washers x6