Wednesday 19 February 2014

Detour Along The Way

What I didn't plan on happening when I was "Full Crafting Ahead" was getting sick. But after a week of being exhausted and tired with a virus, I am now on the mend and slowly gaining momentum and speeding up towards full crafting again.

I did get a few packages in the mail though, the contents of which (and to no one's surprise) were some new spindles, three new support spindles and another Turkish Spindle to join my quickly growing collection.

Two new Phang support spindles, which I believe are Himalayan support spindles. The first is in Exotic Zebra Wood and is 49.9gms.
The second is in Tasmanian Lacewood and is 32.3gms.

My third support spindle is a Tibetan "Torus" made from Blackheart Teatree with a Dymondwood shaft with stirling silver on the whorl, weighing 32gms.
And another Turkish drop spindle to join my collection, this one made from Flame Rosewood with a West Australian Jarrah shaft, weighing 29.1gms.
I have only really just begun to spin on supported spindles this month and after a bit of trial and error, and a stack of patience, I am starting to get the hang of it. I still love my drop spindles at the moment, but who knows. I have had a few spinners tell me that once I start on supported spindles I will become very addicted! Too late, already there! :)

And as I seem to be totally addicted to spindles at the moment, I'm sure there will be more to come. I could think of worse things to be addicted to than spindle spinning and craft :) Needless to say, there will probable be fibre on at least one of these by the end of the day.

Happy Spinning! :)