Thursday 17 October 2013

Another Dye Session

It was a beautiful sunny day Tuesday, perfect for some more dyeing. I must say that the more I do the more I love the results that are coming out.
I managed to finish spinning a couple of skeins yesterday in preparation for the upcoming show, but they will have to be a surprise for after the show. I also spent all day yesterday weaving up something for the show which I am really excited about, but again, you will just have to wait to see it :)
I have been doing a bit of knitting on my domino scrap rug and it is starting to take shape. There are still to many stitches for me to spread it out properly, but you get the idea.
I have also been playing around with some Tunisian crochet techniques and this is my play so far. It has an interesting effects when I use a hand spun thick-thin yarn but I like where it is heading. I will keep you posted on this projects progress.
And where would I be without my spindle :) This is the progression of my spinning on my Turkish Delight. I might add that the spindle is only 26g and the main shaft is about 13cm long. It is a really small spindle but I love it because I can spin in the car with it as a drop spindle or even supported.

Well I seem to have started about 6 or 7 different projects in the last few days but I have managed to finish a few too, so that is something I guess :) Happy Crafting! :)