Tuesday 3 June 2014

Week of Inspiration: Day 1 ~ Beginnings...

So another Monday has come around and I am going to do something a bit different. On Ravelry I am doing a "Week of Inspiration" challenge, and you can follow too on the Pins & Needles Blog. So I have decorated the cover my inspiration Art Journal, bound it with my binding machine and I have started my week of inspiration :)
Day 1: Beginnings
My Journey through life so far has had it's ups and downs, from the loss of most of my sight to finding and falling in love with my soul mate. My journey since, like many, has been full of challenges, but my current journey started with colours...

While my sight is far from what it used to be, I still have colours, which I am grateful for every day. My artistic creativity tends to revolve around colours and textures, which has lead me to my new found love of hand dyeing fibres and spinning them up into colourful yarns, before taking them further and creating something else entirely.

Like many things in my creative endeavors, I have to start at the beginning; a blank canvas to paint on, a blank page to write on and some write fibre to dye into the colours of the rainbow. Nothing is more exciting than creating something from nothing.

Every day I touch the pages of my art journals and feel the textures on the pages, see the beautiful colours and remember the words I wrote.
Until tomorrow, Happy Crafting!