Thursday 24 April 2014

Silk, Spindles & A Mystery Box of Fibre

By now I have come to the realisation that I now can't seem to stay away from the dye pot as I continually want to go and play with the colours :) this should come as no surprise, as you will clearly see.

So, I had some fun experimenting and playing yet again with the colours in the dye pot over the last couple of days, and after a final rinse and dry I now have some vibrant coloured silk hankies and silk sheets.

These will soon be available in my Shop, via the tab above.

The other thing that I can't seem to keep away from are my spindles. As a spindle addict it should therefore come as no surprise that the postie dropped another parcel off today that contained, you guessed it, some more yummy spindles :)
They are, left to right:
  • Russan Support, Wenge, 63.8gms
  • Drop Spindel, Terpentine Gum with Spalted Tamarind whorl, Rock Maple shaft, 22.7gm
  • Drop Spindel, Banksia whorl, Jarrah shaft, 25.2gms
  • Drop Spindles, Purple Heart whorl, Padauk shaft, 30.2gm
  • Tibetan Pu Yok, Banksia Nut whorl, Australian Jarrah shaft, 37gm
  • Lap Support Bowl, Queensland Maple with Acrylic insert, 16.5cm high
Aren't they just divine :) a few of these might make into the Lonely Spindle Challenge on Ravelry, because they have traveled so far down the coast that they are feeling lonely :) I already have two spindles ready for the challenge, and it should be no surprise that they are Turkish Spindles.
The other thing you should know about the Lonely Spindle Challenge, is that I am donating a Mystery Box of Fibres as the second prize :) This is what has been revealed so far...
Keep checking back to see what else is in the box and follow the challenge on Ravelry in the Yarn Therapy Zone :)

Happy Crafting! :)